One of our favourite pastimes here at ANTITHESIS is discovering pieces by fresh young designers. In this respect, LCF’S College Shop in Kingly Court, where our own garments have been featured this year, has not only been a professional opportunity but also a chance to indulge one of our greatest pleasures. In fact we’d go as far as to suggest the 2012 LCF College Shop offers some much needed winter retail therapy for London’s fashion sect!
We are so excited to be a part of this brilliant two-week pop up shop this year. Last Thursday’s launch event allowed us to catch up with the lovely people behind “The Very Simon G” blog, as well as the makers of Designer Look Book to discuss our College Shop offerings and inspirations behind the collection.
But we wanted to spotlight some of the extraordinary talent which comes out of LCF, so if you’re looking for some fabulous additions from fresh young talent to add to your wardrobe this autumn, or in fact for that special someone in time for Christmas! ANTITHESIS are here to bring you our Top 6 picks from College Shop 2012.
(1) For a gorgeous new dress take a look at what the brilliant Ada Zanditon has been up to. This simple piece can be dressed down for the daytime with some chunky boots and colourful tights to brighten the outfit up or add a nice leather jacket and killer heels for that dinner date outfit.
(2) If you’re in need of something stylishly waterproof, then you should to get your hands on our Circular Parka with drawstring details that allow you to change the way you wear it depending on your outfit and mood!
(3) For the perfect bag to wear with the dress or the parka so that you can carry around your matching lipsticks, we recommend this vegetarian leather handbag from the talented Danielle Foster – we became very familiar with her work and invited her to present her collection at our at out launch event in September, we are so pleased to see her star rising in the fashion accessories world.
(4) The prize for coolest addition to your winter wardrobes would have to go to the brilliant Laura Aspit Livens whose interesting hats will make your heads the talk of the high fashion street – which we heard was most recently located somewhere in Dalston, but it’s always on the move!
(5) If your boyfriend, husband or brother are all looking for a super cool jumper this Autumn/Winter then they should look no further than the fab Joe Turvey whose uncompromising print need to be seen on our pavements this season!
(6) Another great item, which we recommend you perhaps encourage your man to invest in for himself! Is this awesome Biker Jacket from the brilliant Domingo Rodriguez, it’s perfect for adding a health does of bad boy edge to any wardrobe.
Those are just a few of the great designers and pieces that we have seen over the past couple of days at College Shop. However there is so much more for you guys to have a look at, so if merely browsing from your computer desks at home isn’t enough, make sure you get down to The College Shop before the 1st November to take a look around, the gems you’ll find and loves you’ll harbour are not to be missed. Happy shopping!